In every age Monarchs themselves have been promoters of the art, have not thought it derogatory to their dignity to exchange the sceptre for the trowel.
- King George IV (1762 – 1830) His Majesty King George IV, while Prince of Wales, was the Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of England (Moderns) from 1790 to 1813.
- King William IV (1765 – 1837) His Majesty King William IV was made a Mason at Plymouth, England, on 9 March 1786.
- King Edward VII (1841 – 1910) His Majesty King Edward VII was the Grand Master of the United Grand Lodge of England from 1875 to 1901 and Worshipful Master of The Navy Lodge 2612 from 1896 t0 1901. He was also Provincial Grand Master for Lower Canada.
- King Edward VIII (1894 – 1952) His Majesty King Edward VIII was a member of the Household Brigade Lodge No. 2614 and Grand Master of the United Grand Lodge of England in 1936.
- King George VI (1895 – 1952) His Majesty King George VI was the Grand Master of Scotland and honorary Past Grand Master of the United Grand Lodge of England. He was Initiated in The Navy Lodge 2612 on 2 December 1919, and was also a Royal Arch First Principal, 33 degree AASR and the Past Grand Master Mark Master Lodge.
The Royal Family
- The Duke of Edinburgh His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh was initiated in The Navy Lodge 2612 United Grand Lodge of England on 5th December 1952.
- The Duke of Kent His Royal Highness the Duke of Kent was initiated on 16th December 1963 and is Grand Master of The United Grand Lodge of England
- Prince Michael of Kent His Royal Highness Prince Michael of Kent was initiated on 13th March 1974 and is Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Mark Master Masons, and Provisional Grand Master of the Province of Middlesex.
Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia
- His Excellency Major General Michael Jeffrey AC CVO MC
Australian Prime Ministers
- Sir Edmund Barton Brother Edmund Barton was initiated in the Australian Lodge of Harmony No 556, English Constitution in Sydney on 13th March 1878. The Lodge is now No. 5 on the register of the United Grand Lodge of New South Wales.
- Sir George Houstoun Reid Brother George Houstoun Reid was initiated in Lodge Centennial No. 169, United Grand Lodge of New South Wales on the 16th November 1896. He was premier of New South Wales at the time.
- Sir Joseph Cook Brother Joseph Cook was initiated at Lithgow in Lodge Independent No. 8, United Grand Lodge of New South Wales on 12th February 1892. In London he affiliated with the Royal Colonial Institute Lodge No. 3556, English Constitution where he served as Deputy Master in 1925. United Grand Lodge of England conferred on him the rank of Past Senior Grand Deacon.
- Viscount Stanley Melbourne Bruce Brother Stanley Melbourne Bruce was initiated into Freemasonry in the Old Melburnians Lodge No. 317, Victorian Constitution on 12th June 1925. He became a foundation member of Lodge Australia No. 6505, English Constitution, consecrated in London on 3rd July 1947
- Sir Earle Christmas Grafton Page Brother Earl Christmas Grafton Page was initiated in Lodge Prince Leopold No. 87, United Grand Lodge of New South Wales at Grafton on 4th December 1917.
- Sir Robert Gordon Menzies Brother Robert Gordon Menzies was initiated in the Austral Temple Lodge No. 110 Victorian Constitution on 20th March 1920. His personal standard was presented to the Hearts of Oak Lodge No. 681 Victorian Constitution in 1976. This Lodge is dedicated to the little ships that supported the evacuation of Dunkirk in 1940.
- Sir Arthur William Fadden Brother Arthur Fadden was initiated in Lodge Caledonia No. 737, Scottish Constitution at Mackay, Queensland on 29th July 1915. On 1st July he affiliated with lodge Unity No.300, Queensland Constitution in Townsville and on 3rd December 1936 in Brisbane, he affiliated with Lodge Lamington No. 110.
- Sir John Grey Gorton Brother John Grey Gorton was initiated at the Kerang Lodge No. 100, Victorian Constitution on 5th February 1948.
- Sir William McMahon Brother William McMahon was initiated in Lodge University of Sydney No. 544, United Grand Lodge Of New South Wales on 22nd March 1974.
Governors of New South Wales
- Lord Carrington
- Sir John Northcott
- Sir Donald Bradman Brother Donald Bradman was Initiated on 26 November 1929, passed to the Fellowcraft Degree on 4 February 1930 and Raised to the Sublime Degree of a Master Mason on 25 February 1930. He was a member of Lodge Tarbolton No 12.